Friday, April 27, 2007

The Friday Foot Update

The pain in my foot came back during our walk on Sunday. I wasnt a happy bunny it has to be said. I decided at the start of this week that I would bring a premature end to the training and hope that a week or so worth of rest would do the job.

With a week to go, I am starting to get a wee bit apprehensive about it all. The pain is still there - but not as sharp - and only really hurts if I point my foot down the way. The middle of my foot (whatever the technical term for it is) is a bit tender too.

I am still trying to work out if ice, strapping, an ankle support, deep heat or prayer is the best solution but any ideas let me know. Otherwise, keep your fingers crossed for me a week on Saturday....it might be a LONG 73 miles. If you have magical healing hands, please get in touch!

On a positive note, my wee girl has offered to stand in for me as a late replacement and looks raring to go...




I did like the suggestion from one friend that I could do the event wearing a pair of fur-lined baffies. If anyone has a few pairs going spare, get in touch :-)

No comments: