Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Cup Fever!

"I know, lets get the train to Lochgelly and then walk home" Now there's a statement I never thought I would ever write, let alone actually agree to, but thats what we did on Saturday. Not content with walking the shortest route home, we went via Dalgety Bay (yes, it is a bit out of the way). Do you like my new Saltire tammy?



Two minutes after leaving the station, we bumped into the ex Dunfermline and now Partick Thistle manager, Dick Campbell, still in his baffies, on his way to get the morning papers (for the benefit of my friend Rob, baffies are slippers). Thistle were playing Dunfermline in the cup that afternoon so we had a bit of a chat with Dick about Thistle's chances (unlucky Dick, Pars won 2-0). He congratulated us on signing up for the Bike and Hike and said he admired us for what we were doing. I think Thistle have supported the Glasgow centre previously and Dick has done a fair bit for cancer charities in the past. I've met him a few times at sports dinners and fans' forums and he's always got time for anyone who wants to talk fitba - a top bloke.

Mossmorran aside, our walk took in some cracking scenery and views, which took my mind off the sore feet. Stuart and I did 13 1/2 miles, Scott and Alan, 16 odd. It felt a lot longer mind you, but felt quite good at the end. I got a bit of stick from the team for succumbing to temptation and getting a roll on sausage from Stephen's in Cowdenbeath High Street. Delicious. I do not feel guilty - I calculated that I burnt 1362 calories on the walk....I should have got two rolls.

Where is Stuart in this week's photos I hear you cry? Do you remember the entry from a few weeks ago, when none of my team would pose for a photo on the 'paint bike'? What a difference a few weeks make........................

No comments: