Thursday, February 01, 2007

Give Out, But Dont Give Up!

Our Saturday morning training sessions are becoming memorable, not just for the training but for what happens before we go out. Last week it was the cat being sick, this week it is a sleepless night in the Birrell household as wee Robyn has chickenpox. As I write this, she is well on the mend and has been a brave wee soul.

Saturday we were out on the bikes and my shiny new chariot got its first run out. I must admit after a couple of miles I was all for calling it a day and letting Scott and Alan crack on. I was way off the pace and even though it got better after tinkering with the bike, I was all for giving up.

But fair play to my team mates who gave me a fair bit of encouragement to keep going and I actually started to feel better the longer we went on. I might not be fit, but I aint going to quit.

Pleased to report that we managed a pretty impressive 22 1/2 miles . My legs felt like they were going to explode on Saturday night mind you, but amazingly I was feeling pretty good on Sunday morning....but not good enough to go out training :-)

No comments: