Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Three Days On The Bounce

I was feeling good when I woke up on Sunday morning and decided to go out for a few hours on the bike. I think I need to get as much 'saddle time' as I can. I ended up going out to Bogside which was further than I planned and it was a good workout. Halfway there, in the middle of nowhere, I did contemplate how snookered I would be if I got a puncture and then resolved to get the spares needed before I go out again on my jack jones.

Over the weekend I got more kit including my new walking boots. I christened them last night by joining Scott and Alan for the first time on their Monday walk (6.33 miles for anyone who is interested). I was wearing my 1000 mile socks and whilst they helped me break in the shoes, they look wrecked. I have no idea how they will last the remaining 993.67 miles. Methinks I have been conned. To the makers of said socks, expect an unwashed pair to be winging their way to you soon for my refund.

Well done to Jake and Paul whose training exploits were featured in the Daily Record today. The full story can be found here

I am hoping the Record reporter was trying to spice up the piece, when she said "they will cycle across treacherous forest track for 30 miles". That's not what they told us at the information night! I am hoping that 0 was added by mistake.

No comments: