Sunday, April 15, 2007

Bridge Over Foggy Waters

I dont like heights. Planes I can handle. Top of the Empire State building I could handle - because you are inside. Outside, anything could happen to you. Freak gust of wind, slip on a banana skin, anything like that. Therefore, despite living close by for all my life, I have always resisted requests to go for walks over the Forth Road Bridge. For some bizarre reason yesterday, once it became obvious that Scott's bike is still goosed, I suggested we walked down across the bridge and back and off we went.

Despite being a scorcher from lunchtime onwards, the day started off really foggy and we could hardly see much in front of us. No photos from yesterday as there was basically nothing to see. I had a peek over the rail once or twice and couldnt see the water below. But I am sure it is still all there. I walked dead centre in the middle of the path all the way there and back - wasnt as freaked out as I thought I would be, but in no real hurry to do it again.

Thanks for all the messages of support received from passing motorists yesterday. A few of them picked up on the fact that we had left our poles behind and helpfully pointed out to us that we need two of them. At least that's what it looked like they were trying to tell us....

No comments: