Sunday, April 22, 2007

Perth. 28 Miles!

It seems like yesterday I wrote the words 'In exactly 9 months time it will all be over'. Now I am writing 'In exactly two weeks time it will all be over'. The excitement is now starting to build but there are still thoughts of 'where did all the time go' and '73 miles? in a day!'.

We were at the Fishing Club Dance on Friday night. A rather excellent buffet at the Civil Service club and a few pints put paid to any training on Saturday morning. Your bike and hikers didnt win any prizes incidentally, but then thats no real surprise...none of us fish! I have set my sights on winning a prize next year...biggest fish supper consumed.

With Scott down in London and Stuart working, myself and Alan went out today walking the same route as last Sunday. I made Alan stop at the side of the road and 'Hold the 40'...



The bad news is that the pain in my foot came back today after about 8 or 9 miles. All was going well up until then. We made it to the 12 mile mark and then I called it a day. A wee bit worried about it but will try to work out what might be causing it and not overdo it in the run up to the 5th.

As we waited on the support vehicle (Lee and Robyn) we crossed a flyover on the M90. We spotted a road sign displaying: Perth 28. We then realised that having done the 12 miles today, if we were to complete the Gold Stage we would need to walk to Perth (and then add on another 3 miles). Oh yeah, and we would already had to have cycled the 30 miles as well! Despite all the training we have done, I still cannot comprehend walking to Perth, let alone all the other additional miles of cycling and walking. Today, I couldnt have walked another 28 feet, let alone 28 miles.

Will spend the rest of the weekend trying not to freak out. I might get a curry.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did Beedie get that badge with his latest Birthday Card?