Sunday, April 15, 2007

I'm Gonna Be (43 Miles)

Hey there pop pickers. Out and about doing a bit of celeb spotting in Edinburgh's West End on Friday and sure enough, current chart topping artist Craig Reid from The Proclaimers walks past. I had this near unstoppable urge to go up to him and shout 'da da da da, da da da da, da da da da, da da da da, da da dum da da dum da da dum da dada' (no sure if I have all the da's and dum's there but you know what I mean). Needless to say I was able to restrain myself and instead grinned like an idiot and continued walking.

I have sang this song at Scotland games on numerous occasions during the half time interval. Yet, I have never really sat down and thought about the lyrics too much - its hard to believe but bloggers really do have a life!

But I would walk 500 miles
And I would walk 500 more
Just to be the man who walked a 1000 miles
To fall down at your door

This week I have walked a total of 50 miles over 4 days. I am struggling to comprehend doing 43 in a day, let alone 500. Can't see me singing this song with quite so much gusto after the 5th of May :-)

Da, da, da, da

No comments: