Thursday, April 19, 2007

Yee-haa!

First things first, the pain in my foot is gone and I have passed the fitness test (sort of) with no ill effects from the cycle tonight. It was freezing to begin with, but it was great to be out there. Don't know how far we travelled - cue Scott and his Map My Run - but will post the route later.

Some of the downhill sections were great - the road down to Dunfermline Building Society HQ is a beauty, no pedalling from top to bottom. The flip side is that you usually have to come back up the hill at some stage and we chose one of the steepest in the town - East Baldridge Drive. Its neverending but fair play to Alan, he got all the way to the top so we have duly crowned him 'King of The Mountains'...



It was good to go somewhere other than along the cycle path and Scott's magical mystery tour was far more enjoyable (and less scary) than when he took us along the Cuddyhouse Road from Kingseat to Cowdenbeath. His bike has now been re-named 'The Hogwarts Express' (see post below) and thanks to the guy at Halfords waving his magic wand and spanner, it now goes like a dream.

In the pursuit of great photography I took some action shots of your Monster tamers on their trusty steeds tonight - whilst on my bike. I nearly crashed into Alan a few times, but think the pics are worth it. Will post them tomorrow.

But for now, I must dash, there is a Dominos pizza winging its way up here with my name on it (well, half of it).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

BTW where were these ladies on the ride last night?? :o) I must have missed them. Either that or they came and went by the time it took me to get to the top.

I must take this Broomstick back to Halfords, as it does not like going up hills!